Our Mission and Core Values
The mission of St. Joseph of the Pines, a member of Catholic Health East, is to provide outstanding senior living and health services. As we do so, we will listen with special care to those who are least able to speak to their own needs.
We at St. Joseph of the Pines commit ourselves to promote emotional, physical and spiritual well-being to those in our care. We further commit ourselves to live by our core values in all our interactions, including those with our residents, our associates, and the broader community. Our trust in the Providence of God will enable us to be guided by and to live out our mission.
St. Joseph of Pines will provide the most comprehensive and highest quality senior living and health services throughout the Eastern United States.
Our Core Values
REVERENCE FOR EACH PERSON
We believe that each person is created in the image and likeness of God.
We demonstrate our connectedness to each other through inclusive and compassionate relationships.
We advocate for a society in which all can realize their full potential and achieve the common good.
COMMITMENT TO THOSE WHO ARE POOR
We continue to serve those whom society ignores.
We care for and strengthen the ministry and all resources entrusted to us.
We dare to take the risks our faith demands of us.
We keep our word and are faithful to who we say we are.
Currently SJP provides community benefit in the following ways:
- Volunteers for Meals on Wheels
- BackPack Pals program
- Food drives twice annually (Coalition for Human Care and the NC Food Bank)
- School supplies drive (Moore County Schools)
- Training site for CNA and LPN students
- Membership on Division of Aging Advisory Council
- Membership on RSVP advisory council
- Subsidized care of Medicaid beneficiaries
- Internships for social workers and therapists
- National Association of the Mentally Ill , Moore County Chapter
- Alzheimer’s Association Walk
- Alzheimer’s Motorcycle Memory Ride
- Assistance with flu clinics
- Pastoral Care Outreach ( PC representatives leading workshops, etc)
- United Way
- Providence Place, annual summer, Thanksgiving and Christmas Meals , Red Springs and Aberdeen
- Construction of new affordable housing units in Red Springs (2008)
- Construction of new affordable housing units in Robbins (2009)
- Family resident council (HC)
- Charity care for those unable to pay
- Assisted Pet Therapy for Residents
- Canine Assisted Reading Education (C.A.R.E.)
- Assisted Pet Therapy for Children with Autism
- Moore County Coalition to End Homelessness
- Participation in Kiwanis Club, Lions club, Jaycees
- Sigma Phi Sorority for Education
- Moore County Walk From Obesity
- Moore County Department of Aging
- Empty Stocking Fund
- Junior League of Moore County
- First Health Moore Regional Hospital Annual Gala
- American Red Cross Blood Drives and Red Cross Pet First Aid Class
- Habitat for Humanity