Providence Place Communities
St. Joseph of the Pines offers an affordable housing option for senior adults age 62 or older who meet annual income limits as defined by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
With locations in Aberdeen, Red Springs and Robbins, NC, our one-bedroom apartments offer comfortable and convenient living for our residents that is consistent with our Providence Place Mission Statement.
Apartments have ground-level entry for easy access and private parking. Each features a full kitchen, living room, full bath and bedroom. Refrigerators and range ovens are provided and the entire complex is designed for wheelchair accessibility. Several apartments accommodate residents with hearing or vision impairment. Residents must be citizens of the United States or have eligible immigration status as defined by HUD.
In 1995, management opened The Pines of Aberdeen, the first of the Providence Place Projects to open, with 24 residences. The Providence Place Projects have expanded to a total of 79 units in Aberdeen, 104 units in Red Springs, and 20 in Robbins North Carolina. These projects are all financially assisted by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
NEWS: 2010 - St. Joseph Awarded Funding
In July of 2010, the Department of Housing and Urban Development announced that St. Joseph of the Pines was awarded a capital advance in the amount of $2,747,500 to construct 18 apartment units for low-income elderly in Carthage NC.
We are extremely excited about this announcement as it enables us to expand our mission to serve those in need within Moore County. This facility is expected to open in the summer of 2012.
Providence Place Mission
- We are committed to transforming a dwelling into a community of seniors.
- We commit ourselves to offering our residents a safe, welcoming and peaceful community.
- We commit ourselves to respond to the ever changing physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of our residents.
- As members of St. Joseph of the Pines, we believe that each person is created in the image and likeness of God and we will continue to reach out to those whom society ignores and those who are least able to speak to their own needs.
- We promise to keep our word and to be faithful to our Mission.